Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Research Flow Cytometry Core Facility in the Therapeutics Protein Department seeks a highly motivated Flow Cytometry Operator. The ideal candidate should have some basic flow cytometry experience. Responsibilities include operation and maintenance of a Beckman-Coulter MoFlo XDP and a MoFlo Astrios high-speed cell sorter in a busy core facility. The facility provides service to the Therapeutic Proteins Department, as well other Research groups and Therapeutic Focus Areas at Regeneron. Primary responsibility will be to perform basic sorting experiments to include sterile and single-cell sorting. Responsible for basic data analysis using various flow cytometric software.
1. Operate a Beckman-Coulter MoFlo XDP or MoFlo Astrios high speed cell sorter.
2. Responsible for the proper maintenance, alignment, and calibration of equipment.
3. Analysis of flow cytometric data.
4. Assist with maintenance of other flow cytometry equipment. (BD FACSCanto, Accuri, LSRII, LSR
Fortessa, Fortessa X-20, a Beckman Coulter Gallios and CytoFLEX, an IntelliCyt iOue Screening
System and an Amnis Image Stream Imaging Cytometer)
5. Maintain schedule for sorter.
6. Maintain adequate inventory of laboratory supplies and reagent.
*Experience and Required Skills:
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years lab experience, ideally, 2-4 years of flow cytometry/sorting experience. Additional requirements include:
- Knowledge of FACS principles and basic flow cytometry experience.
- Previous experience operating a cell sorter helpful.
- Requires analytical problem solving experience.
- Experience with tissue culture helpful.
- Must be flexible and willing to perform flow cytometric duties that expedite and support scientific staff's flow cytometric goals and objectives.
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
Please apply via the link below – thanks!