Position Title: : Sr. Scientific Service Specialist - Flow Cytometry Core Manager - PerkinElmer Boston
The PerkinElmer OneSource Scientific Services Flow Cytometry Core is seeking a highly motivated Flow Cytometry Core Manager in the Boston area. The Flow Cytometry Core Senior Scientific Services Specialist will serve as the site expert in flow cytometry and cell sorting and analysis. They will be responsible for administrative oversight and operation of the core, including utilizing or developing flow cytometry and cell sorting technologies. Duties include staff and resource time management and project assignment, and core staff supervision. The role provides customer consultations, provides training to users, and data processing and delivery. Implementation and oversight of new instrumentations and methodologies is also required.
- Operation and maintenance of flow core analyzers and high-speed cell sorters.
- Perform instrument maintenance and repairs or initiate repairs through vendors.
- Perform daily and monthly QC and identify instrument issues (i.e. 8-peak linearity tests).
- Perform and track instrument maintenance (long cleans, preventive and corrective maintenances).
- Work collaboratively with scientists to assist them in achieving their scientific goals.
- Instrument management (daily status updates on instrumentations readiness).
- Data management.
- Lab management: consumables inventory management, monthly inspection, capital planning assistance for core committee, EHS representations, provide policy guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge of current practices in flow cytometry (coordinates annual user group meetings).
- Training and education of staff, in the techniques, operation, and analysis of flow cytometry.
- Core facility management including; efficiency, accessibility, outstanding service, and development of standard operating procedures (SOP).
- A strong commitment to building and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Acquires knowledge for new technology and policy/procedure revisions.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in biotechnology, cell biology, or a related scientific discipline.
· At least 5 years of direct flow cytometry core and/or cell sorting experience.
· At least 3 years supervisory experience in core laboratory or relevant setting.
· Must have panel design experience (expertise in FACS principles).
· Must have FlowJo data analysis experience.
· Must have at least working knowledge of: Fortessa, LSR II, Canto II, Accuri, Guava, and Sony cell sorter.
· Must be a motivated and hardworking individual with a track record of demonstrated planning and organizational skills necessary to maintain and/or supervise the use of laboratory instruments and resources.
· Client service experience is a huge plus.
Contact Person : Rachna Saxena – Rachna.firstname.lastname@example.org