BioLegend develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
BioLegend has an opening in San Diego. See information below and let me know if there are any costs involved with posting with Purdue.
BioLegend is looking for a Technical Service Scientist with an Immunology background for a position in San Diego! The responsibilities of this position include responding to technical-related customer and distributor emails and phone calls, contributing to technical writing of marketing literature and other materials, contributing to website content, and participating in business development marketing, and sales activities, including attending trade shows and generating new leads while interacting with several departments.
- Putting the customer front and center, providing technical information and troubleshooting help via telephone and emails, and customer follow up
- Utilizing scientific skills, not only to provide product related education to the customers, but also help to identify potentially non-conforming products based on available data
- Contributing to the updating of scientific content on the company website in terms of posters, product data sheets, and web tools under tight deadlines.
- Identifying potential new products or product lines and attending scientific meetings and trade/vendor shows
- Careful and diligent documentation of any and all of technical issues in compliance with ISO
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Candidate must have a Ph.D., post-doc experience preferred.
- Must have 3+ years of hands-on experience and troubleshooting ability in multi-color flow cytometry (at least six colors)
- Experience with Western Blotting, Immunofluorescence, Immunohistochemistry, ELISA, and multiplex assays is also welcome, but secondary to flow cytometry abilities
- Must have an excellent background specifically in immunology, and be able to effectively search and read primary literature, as well as be knowledgeable with research tools, including website databases and instrumentation
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, dependable, and friendly
- Must also have problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills and able to work independently as well as in a TEAM environment, supporting and helping colleagues on a daily basis
- Must also be an excellent communicator that conveys information easily and readily
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
9727 Pacific Heights Blvd, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Telephone: 858.455.9588 x 8826