Flow Cytometry Specialist - VC Research - 16000001E9
Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Job Summary/Essential Job Functions: The Flow Cytometry Specialist supports flow cytometry and cell sorting experiments for the UTHSC community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates the flow cytometers and cell sorter.
2. Consults with users to design and troubleshoot experimental techniques and to provide data analysis.
3. Maintains the flow cytometers and cell sorters and associated computers as well as daily maintenance for the FCCS Core Instrumentation.
4. Trains users in core access procedures and to operate the flow cytometer(s).
5. Provides invoice information to the core business manager and responsible for core use record keeping.
6. Develops SOPs for flow cytometry and FACS protocols; updates core information including SOPs on the core website.
7. Provides training and informational seminars and workshops related to flow cytometry and FACS technologies relevant to Core instrumentation.
8. Provides educational and informational seminars to the UTHSC community about flow cytometry and flow sorting protocols, tools and resources at the discretion of the FCCS Core Director.
9. Performs other duties as required, including in other UTHSC institutional core facilities (Molecular Resource Center, Proteomics and Metabolomics cores, etc.).
Masters degree in biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, or related field; three (3) years relevant experience in flow cytometry and/or FACS; Ph.D. is strongly preferred or Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, or related field; seven (7) years relevant experience in flow cytometry and/or FACS. Training in the theory and practice of flow cytometry and FCCS preferred. Must have work history or research experience with eukaryotic, preferably mammalian cell systems with authorship on relevant publications. Must have knowledge and expertise in both the theory and practical application of flow cytometric techniques. Expertise in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology is also required to assist other institutional core facilities.
An official transcript or documentation to verify education must be submitted in a sealed envelope to the Human Resources Department prior to first day of employment if selected for a position.
Job: Research Professional
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-Memphis
Organization: Research Support-Vc Research
Posting: Date Oct 11, 2016