QA Engineer at Cytobank Inc.
Cytobank’s cloud-based analysis and knowledge management platform is changing how complex single cell data are used in biomedical research by enabling faster, more thorough analysis, visualization, and management of high dimensional data. We are actively looking for a candidate to join our team as a QA engineer.
Scientists use our platform to answer complex, cutting-edge scientific questions. High quality software is mandatory. With functionality including data parsing, multiple levels of transformation, visualization, statistics, and algorithmic analysis under a strict permissioning framework, ensuring quality is a unique challenge. The candidate will be working closely with engineers, scientists, product managers, and other key contributors. A successful candidate will have skill sets in both life sciences and software engineering, and we are flexible on the relative balance between these skills.
What you will be doing
● Ensuring software meets specifications through manual black box, white box, and automated testing.
● Developing manual and automated test cases and test plans, executing them, and interpreting results.
● Helping to maintain a test repository.
● Serving as a vocal proponent for quality in the product development cycle.
● Working with and reviewing work committed by QA contractors.
● Engineering scripts for a variety of internal or customer-facing purposes.
● Understanding product workflows and helping to identify missing product requirements prior to and during development.
● Contributing to customer support by investigating production defects, documenting them, and making recommendations for workarounds and fixes.
● Developing a deep understanding of product workflows, tech stack, and architecture.
● Interest in working in a startup environment as a self-motivated key contributor with an ownership mentality.
● Bachelor's degree in biological science, bioinformatics, computer science, or related.
● Strong background in biology (specifically molecular and/or cellular) or software engineering, with a complementary background in whichever of those two is not the strong background.
● Understanding of basic statistics.
● Understanding of databases and SQL.
● Understanding of principles of web-based client/server interactions.
● Understanding of object oriented programming and scripting.
● Understanding of command line navigation for Unix/Linux/GNU operating system.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, especially involving technical subject matter and reporting on complex themes.
● Ability to reliably manage many threads of communication and action.
● Excellent observational, analytical, and investigative skills.
● Ability to think creatively as well as systematically.
● Excellent intuition and general understanding of software use and interaction.
● Interest to learn new concepts and technologies.
● Experience as a member of a research lab as an undergraduate, graduate student, or technician.
● Experience and understanding of flow or mass cytometry instrument operation and data analysis.
● Experience scripting automated workflows for web applications using Selenium WebDriver.
● Experience with SQL.
● Experience working within an agile software development team, especially on quality.
Top reasons to work with us
● Join a talented and passionate team delivering the future of cloud-based single-cell analysis software.
● Flexible work environment.
● Stock options, medical benefits, free lunches, munchies and beverages.
● Office on Castro Street in vibrant downtown Mountain View.
● Full time
● Mountain View, CA
● Competitive salary and benefits
Interested candidates should submit a CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and also fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/tgLOVri8syF9aXOK2